Welcome to Alice's Sharing

Welcome to Alice's Sharing

Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mindful Praise

Mindful Praise
by Bishop Keith A. Butler

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Hebrews 13:15

The key word here is sacrifice. Praise is a sacrifice when you say, "I don't feel like it and the situation sure doesn't seem to dictate it, but I choose to praise God anyway! I choose to identify my blessings!"

You may say, "Yes, but you don't know what I'm going through!" There are still things for which you can be grateful. If you started listing things that are a blessing in your life, you could come up with quite a few blessings right now despite the hell you may be living in.

I love to hear people say, "Today was a beautiful day! I was able to smell God's air and feel some of His rain fall on my head! I ate today! Praise God!"

You need to unwind yourself through praise, because stress affects every area of your life-your work, your relationships, your job-everything! When you are stressed, you can say all the confessions you want, but nothing's going to work until you get unwound. Then your faith can work. As you practice the sacrifice of praise, your muscles will relax and your stress will be released so that you have complete mental and physical health. Practicing praise must become a way of life, a continual pattern throughout the day.

You need to identify a time and a place where you can take some mindfulness praise moments in the middle of your day. Write this down on your "To Do List." Put a reminder on your computer or cell phone. Meditate on the Word. Offer Him a sacrifice of praise. Give Him thanks for all His works in your life. Glorify Him for loving you. In short time, you will be reaping the benefits of focusing your mind and heart on Him.

Prayer for Today

Father,
I offer you a sacrifice of praise. I thank you for life. I magnify your name for the gift of revelation of who you are and how you have blessed me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Selah: Think on These Things

  • Ezra 3:11
  • Psalm 69:30