Welcome to Alice's Sharing

Welcome to Alice's Sharing

Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

God Is In Your Corner


God Is In Your Corner

The LORD himself will go before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forget you. Deuteronomy 31:8

When I was seven years old, I ran away from home. I'd had enough of my father's rules and decided I could make it on my own, thank you very much.
With my clothes in a paper bag, I stormed out the back gate and marched down the alley. [But] I didn't go far. I got to the end of the alley and remembered I was hungry, so I went back home.

Though the rebellion was brief, it was rebellion nonetheless. And had you stopped me on that prodigal path . . . I just might have told you how I felt. I just might have said, I don't need a father. I'm too big for the rules of my family.

I didn't hear the rooster crow like Peter did. I didn't feel the fish belch like Jonah did. I didn't get a robe and a ring and sandals like the prodigal did.
But I learned from my father on earth what those three learned from their Father in heaven. Our God is no fair-weather Father. He's not into this love-'em-and-leave-'em stuff.
I can count on him to be in my corner no matter how I perform. You can, too !

Written by Max Lucado
The Great House of God


"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26