Welcome to Alice's Sharing

Welcome to Alice's Sharing

Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Loan

The Loan
=========
You borrowed money from someone who loaned you money because
they knew you personally. You didn't put up collateral.

The money was loaned to you on your word.
You haven't paid it back.
You don't have the money to pay it back, at least you don't
right now. You could have paid some in the past but you had
other priorities.
I received a call from a young lady whom I had loaned money to
finish a class in school. She paid me half of the money in
small monthly installments as she could. When she was running
late on a payment, she would call and explain.
I remember when I purchased some rental townhome units over 15
years ago. The developer of the units told me not to rent to
three types of people. 1. Friends 2. Artists 3. Preachers.
I was somewhat offended that he would lump men and women of God
into the non-rent paying category. This was long before I became
a preacher. Now I fully understand why he included preachers in
the non-rent paying bunch. Not all of course fit this category
but a surprisingly high percentage of gospel talking folk won't
honor their financial commitments and will literally disappear
with your money, never to be heard from again. Or at least, to
be heard from only when they need more.
Some of you owe money to people who loaned you money in good
faith. You are a good person, but due to reasons, you haven't
paid them back and perhaps because of a little guilt you haven't
mentioned it.
When the lady called yesterday and left this message on my
office voicemail, I thought, "It sure would be nice if most of
the church people were like this."
They can be. You can be.
If you owe someone money and you've not contacted them about it
contact them.
It's not just a matter of money. It's a matter of integrity and
you represent more than just you. Even if you don't have their
money, contact them and let them know that you haven't abandoned
the debt and your word.
Contact them today.
~A MountainWings Original~